Tuesday 10 May 2011

Final Weeks

It has been a very productive couple of weeks for me and my character design. I have concentrated my ideas and have a clear vision of what I want to create. I have made a list of criteria which my character is going to be designed around;

  • Water based weaponry
  • Female
  • Light
  • Agile
  • Character and weilded weapons are distuinguishable even as a sillouhette
  • Blue colour scheme
  • 3 Weapons
  • FPS Based character

My thought process in deciding the type of character to create came upon when realising a lack of water based characters and weaponry in the majority of new FPS titles. I thought it'd be a nice idea to explore the possibility of perhaps implementing such a character to a game. I have stumbled across a lot of interesting and influential designs whilst I have been doing my research, in particular some cool steam punk waterguns;





These steampunk guns helped me get ideas and shapes for my final primary weapon. My primary weapon is essentially a very powerful water gun which reduces the speed of enemies aswell as doing damage, however the primary weapon also has a secondary fire which can be used to blast enemies and yourself onto higher levels or out of danger.

I have decided  to have 2 secondary weapons, a water based claymore aswell as a simple water bomb.

The third weapon for the character will be a simple melee weapon which can be used in close combat.

No comments:

Post a Comment