Tuesday 17 May 2011

Mask Design

After making the decision to have my character wearing a mask that covers the lower part of her face I started some research into some masks. I game that I knew had alot of masks on their characters was Mortal Kombat.




This picture nearly perfectly represented what I wanted to create. The mask is aggresive and intimidating and the blue colours in this picture is really something I want to recreate.



Another character from MK will a slightly different face mask, a lot of the masks in MK seem to cover the lower part of the face, these designs really helped me come up with my own mask.



I love the film Iron Man and when I first started thinking of mask designs, Iron Man
was the first thing to come to mind. The design of the whole Iron Man suit is amazing and has influenced a lot of my previous designs. The sharp angles around the jaw area are something I made sure I incorporated into my mask design. However I want my character to look as if she is still able to communicate with team-mates so ensures I had some sort of hole or gap around the mouth area.

My primary weapon design was influenced by steam-punk so I thought it would only be fitting to see find some steampunk mask designs. I stumbled across this interesting leather steampunk mask;


I really like the lines on this mask however it's covering the top part of the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment